Are you suffering from hair fall?
Are you investing way too much inexpensive hair fall treatments but to no avail?
Did you know that hair like any part of our body need nourishment to grow strong and become lustrous?
This nourishment comes from eating a healthy and balanced diet and also with regular care using some of the best oils and shampoos.
In order to find a solution for hair fall, you must first be able to identify causes of hair fall. Here are some common reasons for hair fall:
- Stress and emotional upheaval
- Nutrient deficiency particularly protein and Vitamin B deficiency
- Male pattern baldness
- Pregnancy or fluctuating female hormones
- Ailments such as – Polycystic ovary syndrome, Anaemia, Hypothyroidism, or Autoimmune related hair loss
Here are 11 best hair oil for hair growth in India. These hair oils help in prevents hair fall, regrowth of hair, and premature greying. Go ahead and find out which one will suit you best.
Best Ayurvedic Hair Oil for Hair Growth in India
Ayurvedic hair oils do not contain any chemicals and are made from natural ingredients. They are, therefore, great for nourishing your scalp and promoting hair growth.
#1. Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment
Bringadi Tailam is one of the oldest recommended oils in Ayurveda. It helps hair become stronger and leaves it looking thicker after just one application.
Kama Ayurveda hair oil is also very effective against dandruff.
This product contains some of the best natural extracts of Gooseberry, Indigo, and Eclipta Alba blended into sesame oil and milk to leave your hair conditioned and moisturized from the roots.
Price: Rs.1050 for 250 ml
- It contains antibacterial and antifungal ingredients like licorice and balloon vine to prevent any scalp infections and dandruff.
- Made from all natural ingredients such as Gooseberry and Indigo that aid hair growth.
- It works effectively against premature graying as well.
- The ingredients help reduce stress, soothe the nerves, and also induce sleep.
- It has a very strong earthy smell that may not be preferred by everyone.
- If you are suffering from a cold or a headache, leaving the oil on for too long can worsen the condition as the smell might become too overpowering and may aggravate a headache.
How to use
Massage a generous amount onto your scalp gently. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before washing it. Use a mild shampoo or conditioner to wash it off for best results. You can leave it overnight as well.
#2. Just Herbs Javakusum Hair Oil
This hair oil does not contain any ingredients that are genetically modified or grown synthetically. The best part is that this hair oil is animal cruelty-free and is certified by PETA.
It is great to prevent hair fall and premature greying as it is enriched with the extracts of hibiscus flower and henna. These ingredients not only strengthen the hair from its roots but also leave it well conditioned and protected.
Price: Rs. 495 for 100 ml.
- All the oils used in this product are certified, cold pressed, organic oils, which are free from parabens or petrochemicals; making them perfect for all types of hair.
- The oil is effective in protecting the hair from premature greying.
- Prevents dandruff and split-ends as well.
- Improves the shine of the hair and promotes quick hair growth with each use.
- It leaves the scalp well conditioned and hence prevents the chances of any dandruff or scabs on the scalp.
- The oil leaves a very strong smell on the hair even after washing.
- It is a little difficult to wash off and will need several rinses to get it out of your hair completely.
How to use
Warm the oil a little and massage it into your hair roots. Allow it to soak in overnight and wash it off with a normal to strong shampoo. Follow this regime two times a week for best results, preferably before hair wash.
Also, read – Best perfumes for men in India
#3. Omved Ajara Thailam Hair Oil
This is one of the best selling ayurvedic oils because of its blend of two very potent oils, namely Bhringamalakadi and Prapaundarikadi oils as the base.
In addition to that it contains licorice which prevents any infections to the scalp, sandalwood that is highly relaxing and a blend of 14 other herbs that are processed in milk and sesame oil.
Price: Rs. 440 for 125 ml
- It has a Vitamin A and Vitamin E base that prevents premature graying and leaves the hair smooth and soft.
- Contains fresh bhringraj extracts for faster hair growth and improved hair quality and texture.
- It is full of anti-oxidizing agents such as Amla (Gooseberry) that help prevent greys and damage from sun and pollution.
- It has a soothing aroma which has a relaxes effect.
- If you have too wavy or curly hair, you may not see an improvement in texture immediately.
- It is easy to remove but can leave the hair slightly frizzy.
How to use
Heat the oil slightly and apply it from the roots to the whole shaft of the hair. Leave it on for about two to three hours and wash it off with a mild shampoo or with shikakai. You can use it twice each week for best results.
You may also like to read – Best perfumes for women in India
Best Hair Oil for Hair Fall Control and Hair Growth in India
Are you losing too much hair?
Then you need these perfectly blended oils to strengthen your roots and prevent hair loss. These oils also help in hair grow faster.
#4. Shahnaz Husain Shalocks Plus Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Shahnaz Husain Shalocks penetrates into the hair shaft and the follicles easily. It makes hair strong from the roots which prevent hair fall.
It’s special blend helps hair grow faster and makes your locks lustrous and healthy. It also protects the hair from premature greying and maintains a healthy scalp.
Price: Rs. 365 for 100 ml
- This hair oil is non-greasy and gets very easily absorbed by the hair and the scalp.
- It contains all natural ingredients such as Brahmi extracts, groundnut oil, Shikakai, Mehndi extracts, Almond oil, and Jaitun oil that help prevent hair breakage and hair loss.
- It cleanses the scalp completely and helps get rid of any dandruff.
- Natural ingredients nourish the hair leaving it silky and smooth.
- The strong odor is definitely a drawback.
- It is also slightly more expensive in comparison to other manufacturers.
How to use
Soak cotton wool with ShaLocks Ayurvedic Hair Oil and dab it on the scalp. Apply it overnight and wash it off the next day with a mild shampoo.
#5. Tvam Henna Anti- Hairfall Oil
The henna extracts stimulate the hair follicles to aid the growth of strong and thick hair. If you suffer from hair thinning or a receding hairline, then this product is perfect for you.
This oil is also effective against premature greying of hair.
Price: Rs.1100 for 200 ml
- It contains all natural ingredients such as methi, henna extracts, Brahmi extracts, olive oil, wheat germ oil and sesame oil that are known to promote healthy hair growth.
- Completely free from any parabens or phthalates, making it perfect for all types of hair.
- It also improves the texture of your hair in just one application.
- It is non greasy.
- The product is on the higher side of the prize scale.
How to use
Apply a generous amount on your scalp and work it all the way up to the tips of your hair and leave it on for 2-3 hours. Wash the oil off with a mild shampoo.
Hassling from the oily face – Find the best face wash for your oily skin
#6. Lass Naturals IHT 9 Anti Hair Loss Therapy Oil
This oil is made of natural ingredients and is completely chemical free. It is a blend of coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera extracts, brahmi extracts, almond oil, and other potent natural ingredients.
It has no synthetic fragrance and is free from any artificial coloring.
Price: Rs 275 for 200 ml
- It stimulates the hair follicles allowing hair to grow faster and thicker.
- Brings life to limp and dull hair.
- Ingredients like sage oil are extremely calming and also improve your sleep cycle and help relax your nerves.
- The opaque bottle makes it hard to tell the quantity of oil remaining in the bottle.
- The oil might make hair dry after wash.
How to use
Massage it on to dry and clean hair. Allow it to rest for about two hours at least or leave it overnight and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Best Hair Regrowth Oil for Baldness in India
Having bald patches can leave you feeling less confident. Here are some hair oils that are proven to help regrowth of hair and cover them up with regular use.
#7. Biotique Bio Bhringraj Fresh Growth Therapeutic Oil
This oil has an intensive formula containing amla, bhringraj, centella, and coconut oil that are blended in goat’s milk to make your hair healthy.
It is one of the most recommended oils for alopecia or baldness because it contains only pure and organic ingredients. The oil also contains brahmi that is particularly helpful in stimulating hair growth.
Price: Rs.265 for 200 ml.
- It helps stimulate hair follicles to promote healthy hair growth.
- It curbs other hair related issues such as dandruff, dryness of the scalp and premature greying.
- The texture of the oil is very light, making it easy to apply.
- Leaves the hair smooth and nourished with the first wash.
- The smell of the hair oil can be irritating if you have a sensitive nose.
How to use
Apply a generous amount on to your scalp. Massage in circular motion in areas that have extreme hair thinning. Leave on for about half and hour and then wash it with a mild shampoo.
#8. Satthwa Premium Hair Regrowth oil
Satthwa hair oil is a blend of natural oils such as amla oil, almond oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and castor oil.
It contains D-Alpha Tocopherol that helps in regrowth of hair. It is fortified with Omega 6 and 9 that prevent any excessive hair fall.
Along with that, Ricinoleic acid which is derived from castor oil helps make your hair thicker and stronger as well.
In short this hair oil is a solution for all hair problems.
Price: Rs. 599 for 100 ml
- It is tried and tested by aver 20,000 customers who are fully satisfied with the results.
- It is 100% chemical free.
- Provides necessary nutrients such as vitamin K, magnesium, calcium and iron that help prevent hair fall, promote hair regrowth, stop premature graying and dandruff.
- It is slightly heavy and can be difficult to wash off.
How to use
Massage the oil on your scalp using concentric circles. Leave it on overnight and then wash it with a mild shampoo. Repeat twice each week to see best results.
Best Hair Oil for Hair Growth and Thickness in India
Thick hair is a sign of good health. If you are suffering from hair thinning or have naturally thin hair, these hair oils can help your hair grow thicker with each application.
#9. Kaya Scalp Nourishing Oil
This light weight oil is completely non-greasy. It contains 100% natural ingredients including olive oil and macadamia extracts for complete nourishment of your hair.
Price: Rs 1190 for 100 ml
- The basil root extract nourishes the scalp and makes the hair shaft and the roots stronger.
- It prevents hair fall from the roots and also prevents breakage within 90 days of regular use.
- It is clinically tested to reduce hair fall upto two times.
- It is slightly on the higher side of the price scale.
How to use
Massage on your scalp and work your way up to the tip and leave it on for at least one hour and then wash it off.
Also read – Best men’s watch brands
#10. Indulekha Bhringa Hair Oil
This product is perfect for thick and rough hair for men as well. It is formulated especially for damaged hair to help thicken each strand.
It is a blend of ingredients such as amla, svetakutaja and bhringraj that are powerful antioxidants to prevent hair damage and restore damaged hair.
Price: Rs.432 for 100 ml
- It is perfect to get rid of split ends to promote hair growth.
- It is fortified with vitamin C to prevent hair greying, hair fall and damage.
- Antimicrobial and antibacterial ingredients help control damage and scalp infections.
- The smell is very strong for those who have a sensitive nose.
- It is hard to wash off from the hair.
How to use
Screw on the comb and apply it directly on to the roots of your hair. The massage it with your fingers. Leave it on for an hour and then wash it off.
#11. G drops Castor Oil Cold Pressed
Castor oil is one of the most well-known remedies for hair growth. It contains ricinoleic acid that is a strong antioxidant. It helps restore any damage to hair and nourishes it for thicker hair growth.
Besides, It also darkens the hair and improves texture as it is rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
Price: Rs. 199 for 200 ml
- It is completely sulfated free, making it suitable for all hair types.
- The cold pressed oil retains all its natural goodness, promoting faster hair growth and thickening of each strand.
- It reduces any frizz and helps remove split ends.
- It is a sulfate free hair oil and therefore is good even for sensitive scalps.
- It is a heavy oil which makes it quite hard to wash off.
How to use
Warm the oil slightly and then massage it into your roots. Leave it on for two to three hours. Use shikakai to effectively remove the hair. Mixing some hibiscus powder with the shikakai prevents dryness.
Did you use any hair oil from the above list? share you views with us